DSpeech is a TTS (Text To Speech) program
with functionality of ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) integrated.
It is able to to read aloud the written text and choose the sentences
to be pronounced based upon the vocal answers of the user. It is
specifically designed to quickly and directly provide the functions
and improved practical usefulness that are requested by this kind
of program. In the meantime, the invasiveness and resource consumption
(DSpeech does not install itself, is very light, starts in a second
and doesn't write anything to the registry).
Some notable features of DSpeech are:
1. Allows you to save the output as a .WAV, .MP3 or OGG file.
2. Allows you to quickly select different voices, even combine them,
or juxtapose them in order to create dialogues between different
3. DSpeech integrates a vocal recognition system that, through a
simple script language, allows you to create interactive dialogues
with the user.
4. Allows you to configure the voices in an independent way.
5. Thanks to apposite TAGs, it allows you to dynamically change
the features of the voices during the playback (speed, volume and
frequency), to insert pauses, emphasize specific words, or even
to spell them out.
6. Allows you to capture and reproduce the content of the ClipBoard.
7. DSpeech is compatible with all vocal engines (SAPI 4-5 compliant).
8. AI dialog system. Not really useful, but amusing. It does not
work in every language.